Student Visa New Zealand
If you're a student and aspiring to study, you can apply for a visa to study full-time in New Zealand. You’ll need to pay the full cost of your courses and enrol with an approved education provider. While you’re here, you can enjoy New Zealand’s high-quality teaching standards and gain internationally recognised qualifications.
You can apply for this visa if you’re a distance learning or correspondence student and you need to visit your New Zealand education provider for any reason to do with your education, e.g. to do practical study or sit exams. If you want to bring your partner or children with you, they can apply for visas based on their relationship to you. Your Student Visa is normally for the same length of time as the study you’ve paid for.
What you can do with a student visa?
- Study full-time at the course stated on your visa – this includes schools, tertiary (study after secondary school) and English language study.
- Work part-time up to 20 hours a week while studying or full-time in the holidays, depending on your visa conditions.
- Live by yourself above a certain age, otherwise you’ll need to come with your parent or legal guardian.
Within 3 months
90% of applications are currently completed within this time. Timeframes are in calendar days.
- Gather your documents
- Submit your application
- Wait for a visa decision
Prepare and gather all your documentation you need for this visa.
Apply online, upload your documents and pay applicable fees.
If you already have a Student Visa and you're in New Zealand, and your approved education provider is certified with Provider Direct, they can prepare and submit the Student Visa application for you.
We will do the rest of things and help you to get your visa as soon as possible.
You must have a passport that is valid for at least three months past the end of your intended stay.
Once you have a student visa, you must meet certain conditions during your stay.
- You must attend the place of study noted on your visa.
- If you have to be accompanied by a guardian, you must live with that person.
- You must be able to show that you are passing your course and meeting your attendance requirements.
- You may only undertake work allowed by your student visa..
- You must obey New Zealand's laws..
- You must only stay in New Zealand for the time allowed by your visa..
If you breach any of these conditions you may liable for deportation.
Migrate Zone provides complete assistance in compiling your student visa application in order to submit this to the New Zealand High Commission. We have strong systems in place to ensure that all information required is checked off and reconfirmed by you. Migrate Zone only seeks to support genuine students with their study and career goals.